New to the site?


If you're new to this blog and want some context for it, read this post from the day I announced my Alzheimer's disease and this post about the day I announced I had lost it. For more info, visit my website with my autobiography and all blog entries in chronological order for easier reading to catch up. There's also a sermon on the spiritual lessons I've learned through this journey through my damaged mind.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Too Brutal?

It’s been gnawing at me for a couple of days that I was perhaps too brutal in springing the whole enchilada on Laurel and Kai.  I came in without really preparing them at all.  How could they not be overwhelmed by it?  So I called each of them to apologize.  But each of them said that they would rather have the entire truth rather than have it doled out piecemeal. 

This disease is going to intensify the emotional side of relationships greatly.  I hope we can see that as opportunity rather than curse.  And, perhaps even more important, telling my kids and the leadership team has brought us much closer together.  Marja and I are finding new life here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified whenever someone comments on your comment, click on "Subscribe by Email" underneath your comment.